Kamloops Movers – Moving Tips
Pioneer Moving has gathered these Moving Tips over the years and are happy to provide them to you as part of our efforts to deliver a Stress Free move.
- Make your moving arrangements as far ahead of your moving date as possible
- Please read the Contract completley and ensure that you understand all the terms and conditions
- If you plan to do your own packing, start well in advance of your moving date. This avoids the last minute “packing rush”. Packing always takes longer than you think it will.
- Set up a specific area in your home for all items not to be shipped and inform your movers of this area.
- Defrost your refrigerator and freezer the day before moving (freezers must be empty at time of loading.)
- Dispose of all flammables such as matches, aerosols, fuels and propane tanks before your moving date.
- Carry your currency, jewelry and valuable documents with you. Movers will not take responsibility for these articles of “extraordinary value.”
- Take your “personal” phone book and phone with you; you may need to make important calls during your move.
- Contact your Pioneer Moving Consultant 2 to 3 days prior to your move to confirm and review all final details of your move.
- Review the list of your goods (Inventory Form) with your van foreman and their condition at the time of loading.
- Make a note of your “shipment registration number” found in the upper right hand corner of your Bill of Lading and keep it with you in case you need to call us with questions about your shipment.
- Complete a walk through of your home with your van foreman to ensure all items have been removed (check closets, cupboards, behind doors, etc.)
- Before your van foreman completes loading, give him a phone number where you can be reached once you leave. It is VERY IMPORTANT to provide an alternative contact number in case you cannot be reached in your new home.
- If your move occurs during extreme weather conditions, allow your electronics to acclimatize before plugging them in at your new home.
- PLEASE NOTE REGARDING PAYMENT – Unless prior credit arrangements have been made, your van foreman is required to collect payment in full before unloading your goods. Final payment must be made by: MONEY ORDER, BANK DRAFT, CASH, or VISA.
- Check your Inventory Forms with the van foreman as your goods are unloaded. Make sure any missing items are identified and removed from the truck before the van foreman and crew depart.
- Keep a copy of your contract (Bill of Lading), as most moves are tax deductible. Ask your Moving Consultant for more information.
Please contact Jay
at Pioneer Moving for any questions about these Moving Tips or any other aspect of your move.